The Correct Bundled Pipe Securing Procedure
NOTE: The use of chains or straps for securing bundled pipe depends on the shipper’s requirements.
- Place 4″x 4″ timbers on the trailer deck every 8 feet for the length of the pipe.
- Lay the bundles across the timbers, separating each bundle with wood blocking.
- Secure the bundles with straps or chains, depending on shipper’s requirements.
- Lay another set of timbers across the first layer of pipe, directly above the bottom timbers.
- Lay another tier of pipe bundles across the timbers and secure over the top of both tiers with straps or chains.
- Secure additional tiers in the same manner, with the top tier chained or strapped every 8 feet over the entire load.
CAUTION: Do NOT stack pipe higher than the bulkhead of the trailer.
- Secure all loose equipment, including chains and binders, lumber, tarps, rubber belting, coil racks, edge protectors, and load bar.